Welcome to Kavita
What is Kavita?
Kavita is a full-fledged, fast, cross-platform, & open-source manga, comic, and book server. Built from the ground up with a focus on manga and a goal of being a full solution to your reading needs. Set up your own server and share your manga, comics, and e-book collection with your friends and family.
And so much more...
- Extensive File support
- Manga/Comics: ZIP, RAR, CBR, CBZ, CB7, CBT, TAR.GZ, 7ZIP/7Z
- Books: EPUB2, EPUB3, PDF
- Raw Images: JPG/JPEG, PNG, WEBP
- Manga/Comic Reader
- Image Scaling to fit your device screen or override for what feels best to you
- Image Splitting for those joined page spreads, don't scroll on your tablet, just split
- Apply a custom dark or sepia tone to your images to make it easier to read at night
- Reading Direction: Left/Right, Up/Down, Webtoon
- Webtoon reader built-in
- Read across archives without closing the reader
- Book Reader
- Dark mode persists between page load
- Can tap to paginate or use dedicated buttons
- Customize your reading experience with custom Font, Font Size, Margin, Reading Direction, Dark Mode
- Table of Content just a click away
- Remember line position and resume where you left off, no matter the device
- Read across books without closing the reader
- User Management and Sharing
- Create users and share your libraries with them
- Grant users permissions to view libraries or see different mixed-media collections
- Built-in ratings and reviews for each of your users
- Cross Platform with no dependencies - Everything in the box
- Responsive and Fast!
- Full-text search to quickly find what you want to read
- Mixed media Libraries - Light Novels and Manga can be right next to each other
- Fast and efficient library scans. Don't perform I/O if the underlying file hasn't changed.
- Accessibility first - audits for color contrast, screen reader, and keyboard only
- OPDS-PS Support
- Frequent updates with new features
If you have comments or questions not addressed by this Wiki or want to help us improve it, please join our Discord server.
If you haven't installed Kavita yet, please see the Install page here.
After installation, make sure you check out our naming conventions.