Welcome to Kavita
What is Kavita?
Kavita is a full-fledged, fast, cross-platform, & open-source manga, comic, and book server. Built from the ground up with a focus on manga and a goal of being a full solution to your reading needs. Set up your own server and share your manga, comics, and e-book collection with your friends and family.
And so much more...
- Extensive File support
- Manga/Comics: ZIP, RAR, RAR5, CBR, CBZ, CB7, CBT, TAR.GZ, 7ZIP/7Z
- Books: EPUB2, EPUB3, PDF
- Raw Images: JPG/JPEG, PNG, WEBP, GIF, AVIF
- Manga/Comic Reader
- Image Scaling to fit your device screen or override for what feels best to you
- Image Splitting for those joined page spreads, don't scroll on your tablet, just split
- Double page rendering with optional shadow to emulate reading a comic book
- Apply a brightness override to make it easier to read at night
- Reading Direction: Left/Right, Up/Down, Webtoon
- Webtoon reader built-in
- Read across archives without closing the reader
- Book Reader
- Dark mode persists between page load
- Immersive mode, just you and the words
- No scroll mode with virtual pages
- Customize your reading experience with custom Font, Font Size, Margin, Reading Direction, Dark Mode
- Table of Content just a click away
- Remember line position and resume where you left off, no matter the device
- Read across books without closing the reader
- Dedicated PDF Reader
- Dedicated PDF reader to give you the best experience for your PDFs
- Offers light/dark mode and many customization options
- User Management and Sharing
- Create users and share your libraries with them
- Grant users permissions to view libraries or see different mixed-media collections
- Built-in ratings and reviews for each of your users
- Age restriction for user accounts
- Cross Platform with no dependencies - Everything in the box
- Responsive and Fast!
- Full-text search to quickly find what you want to read
- Mixed media Libraries - Light Novels and Manga can be right next to each other
- Fast and efficient library scans. Don't perform I/O if the underlying file hasn't changed.
- Folder watching to ingest changes or new content quickly
- Send to Kindle or any custom device
- Rich metadata
- OPDS-PS Support
- Accessibility first - audits for color contrast, screen reader, and keyboard only
- Localization - Help translate Kavita into your favorite language
- Frequent updates with new features
If you have comments or questions not addressed by this Wiki or want to help us improve it, please join our Discord server.
If you haven't installed Kavita yet, please see the Install page here.
After installation, make sure you check out our naming conventions.